What is a Crown?
A crown is a cap or covering that protects your tooth from damage or decay. A tooth crown is placed directly over a damaged tooth to preserve your tooth root. Before dental crowns were available, teeth that became damaged or decayed had to be extracted. Using a tooth crown, we can preserve your teeth and protect your smile. Crowns help our patients enjoy a full natural smile longer than ever.
Quality Dental Crowns at Cochran Family Dental
Our dental crowns are made with a high quality porcelain that perfectly mimics the color and natural translucence of your teeth. A tooth with a dental crown looks and feels completely natural. o one will be able to tell you are wearing one of our dental crowns, and you will still be able to enjoy day to day activities like eating and speaking. Our porcelain crowns are tailored individually for each patient using a mold made from their natural teeth to provide perfect occlusion and comfort.
The Tooth Crown Procedure
- First, a mold or impression will be taken of your natural tooth.
- Using this mold, a dental technician will craft a beautiful, permanent crown specifically made for you. Because each crown is individually made for each patient, and crafted using high quality porcelain materials, it may take a day or two before your crown is complete.
- Before we place one of our porcelain crowns, Dr. Cochran will prepare your tooth. Any decay will be cleaned out so that your tooth is protected, and the remaining tooth will be adjusted so that the crown can fit comfortably in your mouth.
- While your permanent tooth crown is being crafted, Dr. Cochran will apply a temporary crown that you can wear until your next appointment.
- During your next appointment, Dr. Cochran will remove the temporary crown. He will place the permanent crown, and you will be able to walk out of the office that day with a full, restored smile.
To find out more about our dental crowns and services in Leesburg, contact us at our office today. Dr. Cochran and his team are eager to help residents in the area, especially those looking for a Leesburg or Ashburn dentist near Purcellville.